Saturday, April 5, 2008

Digital Story Board

For my digital story project I created a story that would fall in the genre of historical fiction. I would ask the same of my students. The story of Meriticles is fiction, but the story of Justinian I and the Nika Revolt are fact. I used Meriticles to explore and explain what happened during those tumultuous times in Constantinople. You can find the video on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/user/bpautzke . My story board is presented below. And my rubric is posted here http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dcsmq5nm_1gd5rphgp&hl=en.

When I use this project in the classroom I will make some modifications. I especially did not like that my story was not completely factual, for a history class it would benefit the students more if the story was factual. When I was creating the story I was too caught up in following the story board model which called for anticipation and climax and so sacrificed the factuality.

Digital Story Board: Meriticles

By: Brian Pautzke

Beginning- Meriticles’ life as a child, what his parents were like: a loving household.

Problem/Call to adventure: Reforms instituted by Justinian I creates tension among the people. Nika Revolt begins.

Middle: Destruction of the Hajj Sophia. Nika Revolt at its height. Slaughter at the stadium Hippodrome, Meritcles’ parents are killed and Meriticles vows to avenge their death.

Solution: Meriticles joins the army and rises through the ranks to be a top general. Uses his military prowess to take power through a coup d’état.

Closure: Meritcles rules for the next 30 years.

No comments: